Saturday, February 13, 2016

Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) version 5.5

Just a quick post.

A few weeks ago, Microsoft issued a release-version update to EMET.

Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) version 5.5 is now available - Security Research & Defense. From that post:

Today we are pleased to announce the release of EMET 5.5, which includes the following new functionality and updates:

  • Windows 10 compatibility
  • Improved configuration of various mitigations via GPO
  • Improved writing of the mitigations to the registry, making it easier to leverage existing tools to manage EMET mitigations via GPO 
  • EAF/EAF+ pseudo-mitigation performance improvements
  • Support for untrusted fonts mitigation in Windows 10

Get the stuff:

You still can’t seem to “upgrade” to the new version. I had to uninstall the previous EMET version (after exporting the custom settings I have). Then I installed the new version and imported my XML file back in.

It seems to be running just fine on our Windows 7 and 8.1 systems.

And yes, I do live dangerously and run it concurrently with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit in a “yes I will run with scissors and you can’t stop me” sort of attitude.

Cheers.

--Claus Valca

No comments: