Saturday, December 20, 2014

Outlook 2010/2013 Troubleshooting - Quickpost

Some time ago I posted the following link:

Mark’s post focused on some advanced diagnostic features in Outlook 2013. We are running Office 2010 as our current standard and are only now piloting future deployment of Office 2013.

So I had filed the post away for a “when we get there” future time.

Only yesterday our ticket queue was filling up with customer Outlook issues and I hopped into the first-line trenches to help with the dig-out.

While working with a remote customer I said to my myself, “Self! Wonder if those diagnostic features for 2013 might be present in 2010.”

I found the 2010 Outlook system tray icon on the user’s remote system, held down the CTRL key while right-clicking the icon and…YES! There they were.

They quickly helped me to diagnose and fix the user’s issue and the user’s email was flowing again to her Outlook client program after a 1-week hiatus.

That helped me on the next several Outlook tickets as well and soon the backlog was addressed.

Nice to know. More Outlook tips and references for this particular troubleshooting feature set below.

Cheers,

Claus Valca

No comments: