Sunday, March 09, 2014

Microsoft EMET 5.0 Technical Preview released

I’ve been running the Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (now at version 4.1) for some time on all our home systems.

So with news of new threats that seemed to successfully bypass the EMET protections…

…I was excited to see that a new “technical preview” release of EMET 5.0 was available.

Now I’ve been running EMET since at least back from June 2013, and have seen or heard nary a peep from it.  I’m not complaining. That’s a good thing. I’m just running it with the standard default settings selected at installation.

Strangely enough, this weekend, using EMET 5.0 TP I saw my very first alert occur!

For whatever reason, when I use Internet Explorer 11 I find that this EMET 5.0 TP version is particularly active spotting and blocking potential gotcha’s.

w1naxndr.qbm

qkkwahi2.5i3

rm3rxylq.oxn

I can’t wait to see what the final EMET 5.0 will do when it finally comes out.

…an ounce of protection…

Cheers,

Claus Valca.

No comments: