Sunday, August 11, 2013

Utility updates and stuff - Quickpost

Updated recently.

Other uninstallers worth considering (for the common folk)

  • MyUninstaller - NirSoft - Alternative uninstaller to the standard Windows Add / Remove module - This is my “go-to” uninstaller, especially for Windows XP systems.
  • GeekUninstaller - This one is really growing on my fast, especially for Win7/8 systems. My # 2 favorite, may be my new favorite after a few more dates.
  • IObit Uninstaller Portable - PortableApps.com
  • Revo Uninstaller Portable - PortableApps.com
  • ZSoft Uninstaller Portable - PortableApps.com
  • Wise Program Uninstaller Portable - PortableApps.com
  • Uninstall Tool - Portablefreeware.com - I used to love, love, love this tool back when I was first getting started in my “technicians” career. A much modernized version (no longer freeware) is now available but if you want v1.6.6 (the last freeware version), you will have to grab it from here.
  • Free Uninstaller 1.1 - Freeware replacement for the system applet - Jacek Pazera. Like Uninstall Tool above, I still carry this one on my USB stick but I never use it. Hasn’t been updated for a very long time but hey, it works on all systems from NT to Vista, so if you need an uninstaller tool for your NT/Win2K/Me/98 box, this might be the girl you are looking to dance with!

Cheers.

Claus V.

No comments: